How about a humid sink of oatmeal for mealtime? Add kefir, apples, raisins and nuts to make this wonderful power punch. My baked oatmeal recipe is the great means to begin your day. The strengthen cut oats provide it a hearty, chewy surface, and the spices that are added, like cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom, generate an actually well-rounded taste.
This is an enormous go-to breakfast since oats are gluten-free and very easy to digest than grains that include gluten. So for those of you who like to keep away from consumption gluten foods, like me, try this simple and vigorous baked oatmeal recipe.
Steel Cut Oats vs. Rolled Oats
It’s simple to acquire puzzled about the distinction between steel cut oats and rolled oats. When you are going to select oats at the grocery store, it appears like each wrap up has huge fitness and taste declares, so which one is better?
I always use steel cut oats in this recipe since they go in the course of very little processing, as contrasting to immediate or swift oats. All sorts of oatmeal begin out as simple groats, which are the most important part from whole grains. The diversity is in what’s prepared to the groats during processing. As for steel cut oats, the groats are cracked, or cut into small pieces. Therefore they have a chewier touch and nuttier taste. They also have a smaller amount of a contact on your blood sugar levels since they aren’t extremely processed.
By means of rolled oats, the groats are steamed to create them soft, hard-pressed between rollers and then dehydrated. They go from side to side a little bit more handing out than steel cut oats, and for that cause them to cook quicker.
For this oatmeal recipe, I have chosen to utilize steel cut oats since the nutty savor and hearty, larger pieces go entirely with the other component.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe Nutrition Facts
One serving of my baked oatmeal recipe holds approximately the following:
- 353 calories
- 13 grams of protein
- 19 grams of fat
- 47 grams of carbohydrates
- 8 grams of fiber
- 22 grams of sugar
- 0.53 milligrams thiamin
- 0.35 milligrams riboflavin
- 1 milligram vitamin B5
- 0.3 micrograms vitamin B2
- 0.15 milligrams vitamin B6
- 48 milligrams choline
- 225 IUs vitamin A
29 micrograms folate
- 3.5 milligrams vitamin C
- 0.8 milligrams vitamin E
- 0.6 milligrams niacin
- 3 micrograms vitamin K
- 3 milligrams manganese
- 427 milligrams phosphorus
- 0.3 milligrams copper
- 3 milligrams zinc
- 116 milligrams magnesium
- 538 milligrams sodium
- 18 micrograms selenium
- 237 milligrams calcium
- 2.4 milligrams iron
- 567 milligrams potassium
Here’s a rapid fleeting look at a number of the crown fitness benefits connected with the components in this baked apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe:
Oats are lofty in fiber, so they assist to lesser cholesterol levels and create the feeling of full satisfaction, without experiencing cravings almost immediately after eating them since of variable blood sugar levels. Eating oats can also assist to improve your immune system and trim down irritation, serving you to fight disease
Apples have very powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity, so they can assist fitness conditions like diabetes, heart sickness and cancer as well as digestive problems. Furthermore, apple nutrition holds vitamin C, which has anti-aging effects, and potassium.
You have to need following ingredients to prepare this healthy breakfast.
- 4 cups full-fat, canned coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 2 cups chopped apples
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
How to Make This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Earlier than you obtain your ingredients mutually for this baked oatmeal recipe, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Your initial step is to add the following elements to a pot: 4 cups of coconut milk, half cup coconut sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, half teaspoon of salt, quarter teaspoon nutmeg, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and ⅛ teaspoon of cardamom.
- Carry the combination to a boil over high heat.
- Next step is to add in 2 cups of chopped apples, 2 cups of steel cut oats, 1 cup of chopped nuts of your choice as I have chosen walnut and half cup of raisins.
- Blend all of these ingredients together in anticipation of they are well-combined.
- Your last step is to move the combination to a lubricated 9×13 pan, or use an oven-safe pot and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- The top of your baked oatmeal should be to some extent crispy and you can add a number of more nuts for an additional crunch.
- Move your spiced, apple gluten-free oatmeal to a big bowl…and enjoy!