This creamy broccoli soup is too delicious and full of healthy fats from coconuts. Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.” Its benefits include weight loss, better brain function, skin health and many more.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped spinach, kale, turnip greens, collards or swiss chard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- In large soup pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and sauté the green onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli. Sauté until the broccoli turns bright green, stirring frequently.
- Add the basil and additional chopped greens. Cover and steam-sauté for 3-4 more minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender. If using a blender, process in two batches. Add a little coconut milk and process until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed vegetables back to the pot and add the remaining coconut milk and the chicken broth, salt and curry. Reheat gently over medium heat and stir. Serve.