Talking about salad always interesting because a boring, tasteless salad isn’t going to be satisfactory for you, looking for more food shortly after. Because of this I would like to do experiments, with using different ingredients in my salads, and that’s precisely what I have done for this tasteful cucumber salad recipe.
This recipe is not only a great summer salad substitute, but it’s also completely non-sticky, paleo and vegan and vegetarian-friendly, too. Naturally Cucumber is a cooling vegetable, so in the hot summer months is a, a salad of cucumber is great therapy to prevent you from many issues like dehydration and overeating, while assisting detoxification and digestive problems.
The cooling, refreshing and light salad is especially for summer. I would like to alternate it sometimes and choose for a salad that’s a little bit change than your standard leafy green type. I am crazy about the texture of a cucumber salad — it is very healthy, flavorful and crunchy, and by adding different ingredients like tomatoes, basil and green and red onions gives it an amazing flavor, making it really fulfilling.
Here’s a quick flash of some healthy benefits related with the ingredients in my cucumber salad recipe:
- Cucumber: cucumber has strong power of hydrating, detoxifying and cleansing effect on the body.it contains the vitamins A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant.it Supplies skin-friendly minerals like magnesium, potassium, silicon, because of this reason cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas. All those vitamins and minerals which are found in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.it helps to cleanse the liver, and they are a natural diuretic food.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a good source of several vitamins and minerals like vitamin C essential nutrient and antioxidant, K is very useful for blood coagulation and bone health, potassium is beneficial for blood pressure control and cardiovascular disease prevention and folate One of the B-vitamins, it is important for normal tissue growth and cell functioning It is particularly important for pregnant women.
- Basil: There are so many health benefits of basil, contains high antioxidant content. Basil reduces inflammation, prevent diabetes, enhance your immune system, prevent your liver and fight cancer.
- Apple cider vinegar: it is a natural detoxifier, acid reflux reducer and weight loss supporter. It is used to make the dressing for this cucumber salad recipe and when mixed with olive oil, it forms a much healthier substitutive than any store-bought dressing.
- Olive oil: it is a rich source of anti-inflammatory compounds, antioxidants and heart-healthy macronutrients. It supports brain health, fight cancer and mood diseases, increase skin health, balance hormones and protect the heart from disease.
Cucumber Salad Nutrition Facts
It is very nutritive it contains following calories:
- 69 calories
- 1-gram protein
- 5 grams fat
- 4 grams carbohydrates
- 1-gram fiber
- 2 grams sugar
- 700 IUs vitamin A (30 percent DV)
- 24 micrograms vitamin K (27 percent DV)
- 9 mg vitamin C (12 percent DV)
- 1 milligram vitamin E (7 percent DV)
- 07 mg vitamin B6 (6 percent DV)
- 17 micrograms folate (4 percent DV)
- 03 mg thiamin (3 percent DV)
- 16 mg vitamin B5 (3 percent DV)
- 02 mg riboflavin (2 percent DV)
- 3 mg niacin (2 percent DV)
- 15 mg manganese (8 percent DV)
- 121 mg sodium (8 percent DV)
- 06 mg copper (7 percent DV)
- 13 mg magnesium (4 percent DV)
- 25 mg phosphorus (4 percent DV)
- 190 mg potassium (4 percent DV)
- 3 mg iron (2 percent DV)
- 18 mg zinc (2 percent DV)
- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 12 kumato tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2–3 green onions, chopped
- a chiffonade of 8 basil leaves
How to Make This Cucumber Salad Recipe
- To prepare this cucumber salad recipe, first of all we have to make the dressing. It is done by mixing 2–3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Put this dressing aside and take out a medium bowl to prepare your salad.
- You’ll need tomatoes, cut in slices, 1 quartered cucumber and ½ of a chopped red onion to start.
- Next, add few basil leaves in the form of chiffonade. To chiffonade basil, you need to make a pile of leaves, roll the leaves up so that it looks like a straw and chop it finely.
- Then, add in your last ingredient, 2-3 chopped green onions.
- Now just mix it all up!
Now a low-calorie, nutrient-dense salad that’s full of antioxidants and flavor is ready. Enjoy!