Mint, is a scented herb. It is also known as Mentha or Pudina in Urdu/Hindi. It has been used for many years for the purpose of medicines, health and for food by adding flavor, nutrition and aroma to food. Mint comes in different forms, but the most common known varieties of mint are spearmint and peppermint.
Mint leaves are loaded with healthy vitamins like vitamin A, C and B-6 that are highly useful for the maintenance of a healthy skin. Mint carries Menthol, an active ingredient that show cooling and anti-bacterial properties which are useful for treating different skin and lips problems.
Today I am going to introduce a easy recipe to make a mint lip balm. This homemade mint lip balm recipe is wonderful. Instead of applying toxic harmful chemicals onto your skin and mouth, let try this recipe at home. Definitely you will have amazed by it as It gives nourishment and hydration for dry, broken lips without any negative side effects.
It is very easy to make it home just take 20 minutes to prepare it.
You can make 7-9 lip balms or chap sticks (approximately)
You have to need following ingredients to make mint lip balm.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 7 drops peppermint essential oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- Lip balm containers or chapstick tubes
- First you have to take few thoroughly washed mint leaves. Mingle with a little water to a fine paste.
- Then take a small pot and put it over medium low heat melt beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- You have to remove from heat and add lavender and peppermint oils. Mix well to distribute oil throughout the mixture.
- Pour quickly into lip balm containers or chapstick tubes. Let cool on counter till hard.
Benefits of Mint Lip Balm
Shea butter provides moisturization to your lips and keeps your lips soft and supple whereas mint leaf carries a good amount of vitamin A and vitamin C that abolish tan and dullness from your lips, lightens your dark lips and provides you healthy, bright and pink lips naturally.