- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼–½ cup goat feta
- ¼ cup sprouted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tablespoon ground mustard
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- Salt & pepper
Today I am going to share amazing salad recipe which is full of fresh fruits and vegetables. It is a strawberry spinach salad containing, healthy fats, nuts, seeds and high-quality of cheese. This strawberry spinach salad does not only include nutrient-rich spinach, avocado and strawberries, but the dressing also loaded with a healthy punch with useful ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds, which are full package of minerals like manganese and play a role in maintaining the body’s chemical processes.
Health Benefits of Strawberry
The strawberry is very beneficial for eye care, proper brain functioning, consolation from high blood pressure, arthritis (joint disorder), gout accumulation of uric acid), and various cardiovascular diseases. it contains the contents llike polyphenolic and antioxidants, improving the immune system, preventing various types of cancers and for decrease the signs of premature aging.in addition to antioxidants and polyphenols, strawberries have many other nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients include vitamin C, folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, and magnesium.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Nutrition Facts
One serving of my strawberry spinach salad made using this recipe contains roughly the following:
- Calories: 140
- Sodium: 309 mg
- Total Fat: 11 g
- Potassium: 365 mg
- Saturated: 2 g
- Total Carbs: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated: 4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Monounsaturated: 0 g
- Sugars: 3 g
- Trans: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
There are following health benefits related with the ingredients in this strawberry spinach salad:
- Extra virgin olive oil: by using a high-quality extra virgin olive oil, you are taking many heart-healthy macronutrients (such as monounsaturated fats), anti-inflammatory components and disease fighting antioxidants. In salad it helps in reducing weight and obesity prevention and enhance your mood.
- Poppy seeds: Poppy seeds are best source of manganese, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and thiamin. In one tablespoon of poppy seeds, there are 29 percent of manganese and 13 percent of calcium. They help in development of bone, fight inflammation and promote nutrient absorption.
- Spinach: spinach is one of the healthiest foods on earth. It is loaded with different types of flavonoid antioxidants, and other beneficial nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, zinc and selenium, prevent you against heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer.
- Avocado: Avocados contain monounsaturated fats that promote to reverse insulin resistance and regulate blood sugar levels. They also supply anti-inflammatory compounds like polyphenols and bioflavonoids that decline the risk of serious degenerative disorders.
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Take a small bowl to mix the ingredients for your dressing. Mix half cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of either honey or maple syrup, quarter tablespoon ground mustard, one and half tablespoons of poppy seeds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, put your salad ingredients to a large bowl. For 4 to 6 people, add 6 cups of spinach, 2 cups of chopped strawberries, half a chopped red onion, 1 chopped avocado, about half cup of goat feta cheese quarter cup of chopped sprouted almonds
- Add poppy seed dressing into the salad and mix it. Then set to refrigerate the salad for about 20 minutes so that it’s served cold and crispy.
A nutrient-rich, heart-healthy and disease-fighting salad that can be served for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!