Have you been desiring a velvety biscuit, but immediately can’t fetch yourself to coddle in the gluten and carbs? I have the ideal solution with these sweet potato biscuits. They are a modest sweet, a slight savory and bunch a nutritional cuff with sweet potato purée and gut-friendly cassava flour.
If you be in love with breakfast food or raise up in the South, you are recognizable with consuming and making homemade biscuits. But conventional Southern biscuits aren’t essentially that enormous for you. lightened, practiced wheat flour make up the foundation of a biscuit recipe, and can still comprise refined sugar and conservative dairy. The recipe which I am going to introduce is sweet potato biscuits are obviously gluten-free and can be dished up for breakfast or as a side for dinner.
There is truly nothing in the world as a gut-friendly biscuit. even though not relatively a Paleo biscuit, sweet potato biscuits are weighed down with gut-healthy elements like cassava flour and arrowroot starch. These are effortlessly digested carbohydrates and have anti-inflammatory charcterisrics. The cassava flour is not only highly digestible but it is particularly sustainable in how it grows. Arrowroot starch is immense for those looking to substitute grains and mainly cornstarch in recipes. Arrowroot assists offer gluten-free baked goods a softer texture.
Nutrition-rich sweet potatoes are lofty in vitamin A and are a huge source of vitamin C, potassium and vitamin B6. As sweet potatoes are near to the ground on the glycemic index and anti-inflammatory, they are a ideal ingredient for people with gut problems. In this recipe I have added gluten-free oat flour to these homemade biscuits to give fiber and offer the biscuits a hearty configuration. Oats and oat flour are identified to trim down cholesterol and maintain you full with lots of fiber.
You have to need following ingredients to prepare this fluffy biscuits.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup date sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 cup sweet potato purée
Total time: It is very simple to make as it just takes 20 minutes
Serve: It can be served to 20 persons
You can easily prepare it by following all the given directons:
- First of all preheat oven to 350 F.
- Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put it aside.
- Now take a large mixing bowl, In a large mixing bowl, add in eggs, grass-fed butter and date sugar. blend together using a hand mixer.
- Now take a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients of oat flour, cassava flour, arrowroot starch and baking powder.
- Gradually insert dry elements to the wet ingredient mixture and incorporate awaiting for well combined.
- Now put in sweet potato mixture and stir again until just incorporated.
- Then you have to take the sweet potato biscuit dough and divide into two parts.
- Set parchment paper on the countertop or cutting board and sprinkle cassava flour on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the first dough section.
- Now Use a round glass or biscuit cutter to cut out biscuit shapes. Repeat with the second dough section.
- Bake sweet potato biscuits for 10–12 minutes.
- Dish up warm and top with grass-fed butter, apple butter and/or jam.
- Now serve it and enjoy……