Are you planning to add the health benefits of turmeric into your daily diet? If so, We have a turmeric beverage for you. This beverage is called “turmeric latte”.
The benefits of turmeric include improved heart health to reducing chances of cancer. Turmeric also provides significant anti-inflammatory effects that can benefit such a wide variety of health concerns since inflammation is at the root of most diseases.
A turmeric latte or turmeric milk always requires two essential ingredients: turmeric and some type of milk. You’re probably wondering what other ingredients go into this healthy elixir. Well, I’m basically taking my Turmeric Tea Recipe to new heights with even more health-boosting ingredients like cordyceps, reishi and ashwagandha.
Compared to turmeric tea, this turmeric latte is going to have a richer, fuller flavor profile thanks to the use of almond milk or full-fat coconut milk and zero water.
How to Make a Turmeric Latte
I’m happy to say that making a turmeric latte does not require any barista training. It is truly a simple recipe that results in a deliciously flavored and seriously satisfying hot beverage. This is a latte that you can enjoy any time of day since it’s completely caffeine-free. It’s also dairy-free thanks to the use of nut milk rather than cow’s milk. Personally, I really love having it at night when I’m winding down.
In a medium pot over medium heat, add your nut milk of choice, turmeric powder, coconut oil or ghee, and vanilla extract.
Stir until mixture is hot and ingredients are well combined.
Put the warm mixture into a high-powered blender.
Add mixture to a high-powered blender and add ashwagandha, cordyceps, cinnamon, reishi and honey or maple syrup.
Blend on high heat until all ingredients are mixed well.
Pour the blended mixture into mugs. Serve topped with powdered cinnamon.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
- ½–1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- ½ teaspoon powdered reishi
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon powdered ashwagandha
- 1–1½ teaspoons maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon powdered cordyceps
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add coconut oil or ghee, nut milk, turmeric and vanilla.
- Stir until mixture is hot and ingredients are well combined.
- Add mixture to a high-powered blender and add ashwagandha, cordyceps, cinnamon, reishi and honey or maple syrup.
- Blend on high heat until mixed well.
- Serve topped with cinnamon.