All these essential oils for hair are very easy to available at your local health food store or may be find at online store. But it is very important that you only buy essential oils that are 100 percent pure, especially when you are intaking the oil or applying it directly. It’s also ideal to do a patch test with any essential oil before using for the first time.
As essential oils are so powerful, they should be diluted with a carrier oil before direct application. Some useful carrier oils for hair include:
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil carries medium-chain fatty acids, which may include lauric acid and capric acid, that have potent antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal qualities. These properties aid to completely clean your hair and scalp, helping to protect and treat problems like dandruff.
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil boosts up hair growth and moisturizes the scalp. It acts as an emollient, calming the skin and unclogging hair follicles.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a best source of vitamin E and other antioxidants. olive oil benefits may include its ability to hydrate and soothe the skin, acting to remove dry scalp and dandruff.
You can simply mix your essential oils for hair and a carrier oil of your choice and rub this mixture into your scalp. You may also add essential oils to your everyday shampoo or conditioner. If you are using for specific issue, here are some DIY recipes that will also assist to enhance the health of your hair:
- Thicken your hair: To help thicken your hair naturally, use this natural hair thickener that’s prepared by mixing of rosemary, cedarwood and sage essential oils. These oils will promote your hair follicles by improving circulation to the scalp and aiding to balance your hormones.
- Style your hair: if you want to get rid of using conventional hair sprays because many conventional products on the market today contain toxins that you don’t want anywhere near your head and face. To assist set your hair and prevent fly away, use this homemade hair spray that’s prepared with lavender and rosemary, furthermore vodka and cane sugar, which will provide you the hold you’re looking for.
- Prevent oily/greasy hair: you have to add 2–3 drops of peppermint oil to your conditioner to remove greasy hair.
- Add shine: providing your hair and scalp a good hair mask medication on a weekly basis can assist take care of unruly strands, moisturize your hair and add shine.
- Lighten your hair: you have to add 2–3 drops of chamomile oil to your hair before going out in the sun.
Final Thoughts on Essential Oils for Hair
You have to use these essential oils Instead of using conventional hair care products that carry dangerous and even carcinogenic chemicals. essential oils are all-natural and just as effective.
Essential oils for hair can aid to increase the health of your hair in various ways, either you want to thicken your hair, add shine, hydrate your scalp, treat dandruff or lighten your hair naturally.
It’s simple and easy to use essential oils for hair simply mix your favorite oil with a carrier oil and massage the combination into your scalp. You can also diffuse essential oils at home to decrease stress and aid hair growth.
READ MORE: The Best Essential Oils for Hair
READ MORE: Benefits of Essential Oils for Hair